Situated on a large slice of rural land, Burnham Country Montessori offers a unique country environment for your child to learn, grow and develop to their full potential. We are located 5 km outside of Rolleston, and cater to families in the Burnham, Dunsandel, Rolleston, Lincoln, Leeston and wider Selwyn area
Why choose Burnham Country Montessori?
- Our philosophy is inspired by the Montessori Philosophy and Te Whaariki (New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum).
- We have one of the largest natural, astetically pleasing outdoor playgrounds in the Selwyn District.
- Children have the opportunity to interact and learn to respect nature. They learn how to care for the environment through the vegetable gardens, fruit trees, chickens and Buttercup and Winnie our Kune Kune piglets.
- We have a strong, growing committment to sustainability for the environment.
- Our programme is based on the children’s interests and Montessori philosophy.
- We employ professional qualified (Early Childhood, Primary and Montessori) teachers and staff.
- We offer 20 hours ECE for 3-6 year olds, with no optional charges.
If we ponder the influence that education can have on the attainment of world peace, it becomes clear that we must make the child and his education our primary concern.
Dr Maria Montessori